From July 20 – July 22nd my dear friend Ana Contreras and I attended the 2014 Biennial National Latino Cancer Summit.
Organized by Latinas Contra Cancer, this event provides opportunities for sharing and learning how to improve the education of our Community about cancer prevention, intervention and support.
We had the opportunity to meet and network with organizations which work and research are making a difference in the lives of many:
- Hector Vazquez, from the Patient Advocate Foundation
- Leslie Jacobson and Becky Bos from The Breast Milagro
- Kristi Graves, Assistant Professor at Georgetown University
- Jessica Barrington, Research Associate at Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Stephanie Teleki, Program Officer at California Healthcare Foundation
Our gratitude to the everyone who stopped by our table and is helping us spread the word about our books, with special thanks to Ysabel Duron and her team, for inviting us to be part of this fabulous event.