Continuing with the “Gesture Drawing with Alex Woo” class, Lesson 4 focuses on Space.
- There are about a dozen way to convey depth and space into our drawings: Linear Perspective, Overlaps, Light & Shadow, Atmospheric Perspective, etc. These are called “Depth Cues”.
- On this lesson, we focus on the use of perspective to get rid of the “flat effect” and better convey the ground plane in which the model is standing.
Akin to what we did on Week 3, we will have slightly rotate the model in our drawing to improve both the silhouette and a sense of depth.
- Alex stresses the importance of :
- Adhering to a time limit of 1 minute per drawing – no extra editing or line polishing.
- Try out drawing with your non-dominant hand (left, in my case).
- Below is assignment from week 4: