Week 6 at “The Art of Caricature with Jason Seiler” teaches us how to paint hair and we study the human skull.
For the assignment, we did caricatures for 3 citizens, including a view of their skull. I decided to focus on developing my crosshatching technique, and started this fantastic drawing app called Mischief.
There are several features that make drawing with this app a unique experience:
- The pen responsiveness and fluidity is unlike any other drawing app.
- The app opens immediately and the .art files that it creates are ridiculously small.
- Your canvas is infinite and so are the number of undo’s
- Best of all, they have nailed a mathematical stroke representation that has the soft gradations of pixel, with the scalability of vectors – which means that your art can be printed at ANY size, and you’ll not see any pixelation.
- They are running a “back to school” promotion that offers a 60% discount.
Below are my 3 pieces #madeWithMischief 🙂